The following society day plans have been drawn up by the committee in view of the Corona virus pandemic using government guidelines where applicable. The aim is for the society to continue to enjoy playing every month as per the 2020 fixtures but minimising all personal contact where possible (social distancing).
The following will remain in place until further notice.
Paul Sequenza will continue to send your invitation text message approximately 2 weeks before the event. Please reply promptly and notify Paul or contact the club sec (07931 376 255) should you become unavailable.
You will be contacted with bank details for BACs transfer and the match day fee amount. NO CASH PAYMENTS.
Payment must be completed a minimum of 3 days before the event so the society can pay the golf club.
If you can’t attend (or government advice changes) a full refund will be made.
- Pre-match on the day
Unless restrictions are lifted, there will be no pre-match breakfast
- T-off order and group selection
Members will be issued a t-off time and playing group names in advance on the match day website post. Simply turn up at the 1st tee 5 minutes before your designated tee time.
- Score cards – issue
Your individual score card with group number, handicap and vice captain details will be handed to you on the 1st tee by the captain*
- Scorecards – collection
Score cards to be kept by the individual, each card to be completed and signed off by the marker with the total points clearly marked in the appropriate box.
Group vice captain (or designate) to take a photo of either all or individual cards and send to the club sec by whatever digital process they prefer, see the contact page. (please keep all cards and return to the club captain when we have clearance from HM Gov)
All presentations to be put on hold until we have clearance from HM Gov.
All spot prizes and podium awards will continue with the exception of the 2s club.
Any questions, call skip/sec 07931 376 255
* should the club captain not be available due to personal restriction, a committee member will take over proceeding for the day (Dave T, Alex M, Andy O, Paul S, Kev M)
On course advice:
- Don’t share carts
- Don’t remove the pin
- Don’t use rakes to rake bunkers
(bunkers may be out of play due to this advice, take free drop no nearer the hole)
- Don’t borrow accessories
- Don’t touch anyone else’s equipment
- Don’t exchange cash
- Don’t shake hands
- Try and keep at least 2m apart
- Sanitise whenever possible
- COVID 19 – SAFETY PROCEDURES REQUIRED FROM ALL MEMBERS AND GUESTS
- Entry will only be allowed by pre-allocated arrival tee times. DO NOT turn up un-booked, DO NOT turn up early and DO NOT turn up late.
- Please observe the 2 metre social distancing rule
- Groups will be limited to 2 players.
- Players are requested to pre-pay via the club treasurer
- Players should bring their own PPE face masks, gloves and hand sanitises as required.
- Players MUST obey all the rules of the club in respect of Covid 19 especially the 2 metre distancing rule when entering the grounds and going around the course.
- Any person wishing to attend who is feeling unwell with cold or flu like symptoms, loss of taste or small should NOT attend and stay home until they have completed the period of self-isolation and recovered fully.
- Any person who is considered in a high risk group should NOT attend.
- Any person who has been in close contact with someone with Covid 19 or visited a high-risk areas should stay home until they have completed the recommended period of self-isolation.
- Players should travel independently unless with an immediate family member (same household).
- ALWAYS STAY SAFE, IT’S JUST A GAME